Porting to SharePoint 2010

May 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Hi, i've migrate this project to SharePoint 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.
Can we create a fork of this project ?
The best idea would be create another codeplex project. Let me know.

May 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Dear Giuseppe, at the moment we are testing an upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to 2010.
One issue is that we are missing the Filtered Lookup Field. Could you please share your port?

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I would love to know the status on this also.

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Hi !
I want to start another codeplex project, becouse i've no answers from this project owner.
I will let you know when I'll publish it.

Jun 8, 2010 at 2:14 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Thank you,
I would apreciate that. I need it for our new internal site.

Thanks,
Rick

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM
here we are ! ;) http://sp2010filteredlookup.codeplex.com/
Jul 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Thank for the work.

I've upgraded from WSS3 with Bronyx installed and faced with problem with creating new columns of this type.

It always complains on SPWeb disposed.

I've tried to uninstall Bronyx and use sp2010filteredlookup but it ended with Type Filtered Lookup incorrectly installed . 
Another issue that after retract Bronyx and remove I stiil see Filtered Lookup type in ad Column dialog (this is all without installing sp2010filteredlookup).

So I've applied your fix, recompile Bronyx and replace original dll in GAC_MSIL , now it work on Sharepoint Foundation 2010 ( migrated  from wss3 ).

Will wait for upgraded version of Bronyx (http://filteredlookup.codeplex.com/).

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi all, i'am not pro csharp developper, but... PeppeDotNet, i saw in your code that you remove all "using" instruction in front of new SPWeb and SPSite object.  These object are dispose somewhare and i just dont see it... i think we will face leaks of memory or other resources if the object are not dispose...

Dshvedchenko, no problem since you're using this fix?

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Just went through the upgrade process 2007->2010 and got the column working

Copy the
COntrol Templates and XMl field type into the 14 hive
Add the safe control text to webconfig

Then

Download the source and compile to build the DLL
Register the DLL with gacutil
Then
Restart IIS

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Cairokerry, I did what you suggest, but the field is not working in the migrated site.

Can you give us more detail about how to migrate?

The error presents when I try to edit, view, or create a register of the list that implements the custom field.

Thanks for any help.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I too have upgraded the WSS solution and am receiving disposal errors when changing list or loading list view.

"Trying to use an SPWeb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer valid."

Ditching the using statements is NOT a great idea. I think it's got more to do with context.

Any ideas? I'm thinking using a new temp SPWeb object may be the ticket.