Edit control not rendered on lists EditForm.aspx

Mar 19, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2009 at 7:41 PM
I have added this solution to two SharePoint 2007 servers.  On both, you can define the Filtered Lookup with no issue (it lists all sites in the collection, all lists in the selected site, and the columns in the selected list.  But, when you go to the EditForm.aspx for the list, the Label is rendered but there is no entry control (I would expect a dropdown list) displayed beside the label.  I may be missing something as I a new to SharePoint, but the installation went flawlessly and the setup of the Filtered Lookup was also perfect.  Any help would be appreciated.

Note, I also just confirmed the same behavior when trying to add a new list entry via the lists NewForm.aspx.
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 1:12 PM
I have been unable to reproduce the error you described but I understand that it most likely will occur if and when no data is returned/retrieved from the source list.

Please could you confirm the following:

a. Are you using a dynamic query or a list view query?
b. If you are using dynamic query, could you please confirm that data is returned by running the same query in a different app e.g. console application
c. If you are using a list view, could you please confirm that the view actually returns data.

One good point from this, though, is the need to display the control irrespective of the number of returned/retrieved items; thank for spotting this one.

Regards,

Raphael.
Apr 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2009 at 8:41 PM
UPDATE - I didn't see that you relased a new version before I originally entered my reply.  I'll test it and see if it resolves my issues.  Thank you.

Sorry for the delay -- been away. 

a. I was using a list view query.  In this casem had no reason ti filter.  Just wanted to use a shared common list (of Cities) across several sub-sites.
c.  The only view on the list is All Items which does return all of the Cities that I have entered.

One thing I failed to mention, though I doubt it has any bearing, is that this is a lookup I have added to a calendar-type list.  However, I dod create a new "custom list", added list a Filtered Lookup field called Location, connected to a newly created simple view on that same list in the root site collection and it still failed to display a control.  And, I did the same this withing the root collection (in other words in the same site as the lookup list) and it did the same thing.

I wish I knew more about SharePoint to be more helpful, but I am pretty green at this point.