Office: Document Information Panel isn't working

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM
I'm using Version 1.0 and got the following issue:

Mainpage with List "Demo_List"
Subpage with Documentlibrary and Custom Field "Demo_List_Column" of type "Filtered Lookup" with Items of "Demo_List" on the Mainpage.

In the DocumentLibrary I can edit and change all Documentpropertys and the Filtered Lookup works great. But in the Office Document Information Panel I see a String-Field "Demo_List_Column".
I can't change anything there, and the Field is filled with the following text: "Edit property on server".
So I can't use the Lookup in Office Documents and must change or set the Propertys of fields with type "Filtered Lookup" only in SharePoint.

I tried to edit the fldtypes_*xml like the following blogentry told me: "http://nickgrattan.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/sharepoint-2007-custom-fields-and-edit-property-on-server/" but this doesn't solved the problem.

How can I change this behavior?

Best regards

Azrael Masters

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM
In terms of DIP, this is unfortunately a standard behaviour for custom field types that inherit from parent type Lookup and it's not considered a bug or defect (see this blog post for more details).

Nevertheless, I'll look at how to improve/enhance the field to provide the functionality you'd mentioned, probably some time not too far away. Thanks.

Regards.