CAML Query Usage

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Hi,

I downloaded this code and like it very much.  I have a question related to the CAML query. Is my query limited only to the list I select?   Ideally I would like to filter based on a field in the current list where I am using the filtered lookup and a 2<sup>nd</sup> list. 

Let’s say I have a customer list with address fields. I have a 2<sup>nd</sup> list of Company Stores by zip code. Let’s say I input a customer record and the customer zip code.  I would like to use that zip code in my filtered lookup CAML query to limit the filtered drop down to Company Stores in  that particular zip code from the 2<sup>nd</sup> list.  Is that possible?

Thanks again for sharing this code,

Tenorman

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Thanks a lot for your good words.

Both the CAML query filter and the list view filter will only filter out data obtained from the source list.

It appears what you need may be a Cascaded Lookup. I'm looking to extend this project to include the Cascaded Lookup as part of future releases (no timeframe yet) but there are few projects/products out there already that you may find useful, if you.need something immediately.

Regards,

Raphael.