Value in lookup field different than what Sharepoint Lookup value would be

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM

First off, this is a great control.  Thanks for sharing it with the community.

The problem that I am encountering revolves around using a custom workflow that I have created in SPD.  The value returned to the workflow from your filtered lookup is in the form of xx;#[Document Title] whereas the value returned by a Sharepoint lookup control is in the form of [Document Title].  When using the filtered lookup value to lookup a value from another library, it fails whereas the Sharepoint lookup value will succeed.  The problem, I believe, is that the xx;# portion is being returned with your value.

If I look at the data source details for my library in SPD it shows the data from the filtered list control and from the sharepoint lookup control as being the same (doesn't show the xx;#) so it looks like SPD is filtering that data in the GUI.

Is the xx;# being filtered out for Sharepoint lookup fields due to that data not being stored or is it due to workflows knowing how to filter this data out of the Sharepoint lookup but not your filtered lookup?

Is this a potential bug with your control?  If not, what workaround would you suggest to allow it's use in workflows to be able to lookup values in other libraries?

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I'm looking into this issue myself; the ITTeamWorkspace doesn't work correctly when you change one of the lookup fields (such as the Project field in Tasks) to a Filtered Lookup field, because the number;# is left off.